MUSIC : BOOKS : MOVIES : ADVENTURES : SHOPPING : ART-NESS

May 23, 2010

Sharon Springs

Yesterday, I went with my parents to Sharon Springs for an art show along the main street.  Sharon Springs has always been one of my favorite small villages to visit.  It was best known for its mineral baths back in its hayday but has since dropped off the map.  Still, I love its desolate charm.  The area has so much history to it.  The buildings are gorgeous!  [Not to mention it is also home to some of my favorite places to eat, The American Hotel & The Black Cat Cafe.] 

The craft show was great & the weather perfect for wandering about main street.  My favorite purchase of the day was a 'tacky' bag for $5.   Well, the woman called it tacky but I simply loved it.  How could I not with deer fabric & glitter on it!

>source:  me!<

Sadly, I didn't manage to take any pictures of the festival being I hurt my neck that morning so walking around was about all I could muster.  I'm taking a friend back soon though so I'll be sure to take some photos then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment