MUSIC : BOOKS : MOVIES : ADVENTURES : SHOPPING : ART-NESS

July 1, 2010

Typewriting Dreams

 >source<
Sometimes I think that the one thing I need in my life is a vintage typewriter to work on.  The concept is so romantic.  The ringing of the keys.  The fresh ink as it hits the paper.  All while sitting at a desk next to the window that overlooks a hazy, summery field.  [I don't know why but that setting is always what I envision.]  Maybe if I had an old typewriter it would inspire me to finally finish one of the many novels or screenplays I've started over the years. 
Then reality sets in I remember how many spelling errors I make when typing, how many times I change my mind on a sentences format.  I think I'd use up the world supply of paper, not to mention my patience. 
No, I think for story writing I shall stick to my trusty laptop.  Still though, it would be nice to have a typewriter to play around with.  Perhaps write some letters and notes. 
[Those of you looking for a late birthday or early christmas present for me take note.]

No comments:

Post a Comment